10 December 2011

Painting With Human Blood

In case you came across the work of contemporary artists that may be referred to as shocking, forget about it. What you will see listed here is a collection named "Blood Piss Blues" of Brazilian artist Vinicius Quesada, and this is usually a real shock since they are colored using human blood along with urine! In his interview for mymodernmet he explained:
"It starts with researching several photographs, so I can set the first collage. From this, I stencil the image on paper, usually with the three main colors of Blood Piss Blues, which are red, green/yellow and dark blue, as a reference to the RGB color system. To each one of these colors, I add a specific amount of blood, depending on the tone. Green/yellow receives less blood and I also add urine. Red takes a lot more, but also uses real paint. This is because it's hard to get blood, since I use only mine. I can get like 450 ml every two months. Blood is taken at the hospital, with the help of professionals. I never considered using anyone else's blood and I've never caused any harm to another living creature. It's not something satanic or spiritual. (I'm actually an atheist)".










No comments:

Post a Comment